Pedestrian Accident Attorney Las Vegas
Pedestrian Accident Attorney
When most people think of car accidents, they imagine a collision between 2 or more cars. They don’t usually consider the significant consequences of the impact of a car on a pedestrian. According to the NHTSA, there were over 6,000 pedestrian deaths in 2018 resulting from traffic accidents.
At some point in the day, nearly everyone is a pedestrian. There are some tips to help you avoid injury:
- Obey traffic control devices and cross at marked crosswalks;
- Avoid walking while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs;
- Look both ways from oncoming traffic even if you have a green crossing signal;
- Pay attention while walking, avoid using electronic devices;
- Avoid using headphones or earbuds that can prevent you from hearing warnings sounds such as sirens, honking, or yelling;
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them;
- Pay attention to cars that are backing up in parking lots;
- Avoid dark clothing that makes it hard for drivers to see you. Carry a flashlight at night.
- If there is no sidewalk, walk facing oncoming traffic and as far away from the traffic as possible.
Frequently asked pedestrian questions:
What are common causes of pedestrian accidents in Las Vegas?
- Distracted drivers who aren’t paying attention;
- Failure to see a pedestrian in the crosswalk as the car is turning right;
- Failure to see a pedestrian as the driver is backing out of a parking space of driveway;
- Drivers who are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol;
- Drivers who are speeding;
- Bad weather, like infrequent rain, causes cars to skid or be unable to properly stop.
Where and how are children most likely to be injured as pedestrians?
- Children are often injured while getting on or off their school bus; and
- Walking to and from school.
NHTSA recommends teaching children that when they exit the bus, they need to move 5 steps away from the bus onto the sidewalk to avoid accidents.
What are common types of injuries sustained in a pedestrian accident?
- Broken bones
- Spinal injuries
- Bruises and cuts
- Sprained muscles
- Head injuries
I was walking while hit by a car, do I need an attorney?
You should contact an accident attorney immediately after your accident. We can assist you in finding immediate medical attention, even if you do not have health insurance. Further, there may be important evidence to gather and preserve. You also do not want to speak to the at-fault party’s insurance without the advice of your own attorney. You could make statements that harm your case and prevent you from recovering any money.
I was hit by a car/truck/bus, what do I do at the scene of the accident?
- Take photographs of the vehicle that hit you and the point of impact;
- Gather names and phone numbers of witnesses;
- Get a photo of the driver’s license and proof of insurance;
- Call the police, wait for them to arrive, and make a report.
What types of damages can I recover as the pedestrian in an accident?
- Lost wages;
- Medical bills related to the accident;
- Future medical bills;
- Pain and suffering;
- Estimated loss of future wages;
- And more
Contact us now to discuss how to begin your recovery.
For more information on how https://hindsinjurylawlasvegas.com/ can help you with Pedestrian Accidents, please contact us at (702) 940-1234, or visit us here:
Hinds Injury Law Las Vegas
600 S 8th St Suite 140, Las Vegas, NV 89101