Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas
five steps to take after a slip and fall accident
If you have slipped and fallen on someone else’s property, Hinds Injury Law recommends the following:
- Take many photographs of the area where the fall occurred before the landowner has a chance to fix the problem. If you slipped on something wet, photograph the wet floor close up and far enough away to establish your location. Use familiar objects like hands to show the size of the puddle. If you think the stairs or sidewalk is defective, take a picture of the defect. Use familiar objects, like coins or dollar bills to demonstrate the size of the defect.
- Get the names and phone numbers of witnesses. Make a voice recording of this information on your cell phone and ask the witnesses to make a recorded statement about what they observed.
- Fill out an incident report. Establishing that you were injured on the property may be critical, and these reports contain essential information.
- Write down your version of what happened in as great of detail as possible as soon as possible after the fall. If a friend or relative was with you during the fall, have them write a detailed statement as soon as possible while their memory is strongest.
- Get treatment at a hospital if you feel you need medical help, but especially if you are experiencing dizziness, vomiting, or think you may have any broken bones.
- Contact an attorney as soon as possible to preserve evidence. Most commercial places, including grocery stores, restaurants, and casinos, record videos using cameras, but they may only store the footage briefly. It would be best if you informed the business to preserve the footage of your accident. Dealing with the property owner’s insurance to obtain compensation, especially while recovering from your injury, can be challenging. However, the crucial point is to refrain from giving statements to the landowner’s insurance company, particularly a recorded statement. The insurance company will almost certainly use any communication with you against you.
If you suffered an injury in a slip-and-fall accident on another person’s property, Hinds Injury Law Las Vegas could assist! Contact us for a free consultation regarding Las Vegas Accident and Personal Injury.
For more information on how https://hindsinjurylawlasvegas.com/ can help you with the steps to take after a slip and fall accident, please contact us at (702) 940-1234, or visit us here:
Hinds Injury Law Las Vegas
600 S 8th St Suite 140, Las Vegas, NV 89101